BEETROOT CARROT SALAD
Beetroot Carrot Salad is an easy to make, tasty and refreshing salad with a hint of garlic and a homemade dressing.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup shredded beetroot
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
FOR THE GARLIC LEMON DRESSING:
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup optional
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarse pepper powder
PREPARATION OF GARLIC LEMON DRESSING:
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
I like to add them into a jar, close the lid tightly and give it a good shake.
PREPARATION OF THE SALAD:
Mix carrot and beetroot together in a bowl.
Add the dressing and toss.
Cover the bowl with a tight lid or cling film and allow it to cool in the fridge till required.
This allows the dressing falvour to infuse into the carrot and beetroot.
Just before serving add the seeds, raisins and fresh coriander. Toss and serve.
- Add dried fruits of your choice like cranberries, goji berries, sultanas, etc
- Add nuts if you like.
- Serve with parmesan cheese if you like.
- Add mint or basil instead of coriander.