Vaghareli rotli is creamy, delicious snack made using leftover roti, spices and yogurt. Makes a wonderful snack or a light meal.
- 6-8 rotli, roti
- 1 cup sour plain yogurt whisked
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1-2 green chillis, sliced
- ¾ -1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp asafetida optional
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
Put oil in a saucepan and let it get a bit hot over medium heat.
In the meantime tear the rotlis into bite size pieces.
When the oil is ready, add mustard and cumin seeds to it.
When the mustard seeds crackle, add the chopped garlic. Stir fry till it turns a bit pink.
Add the chilli and ginger paste. Add the turmeric powder and asafetida.
Add the rotli pieces. Mix well. Let the rotli pieces cook for a minute or two.
Add the salt and water. Mix. Let it come to a gentle boil.
Lower the heat and add the whisked yogurt. Mix well. Let the mixture become hot but don't let it boil.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
- Whenever you make roti, rotli, store the leftovers in the freezer. When you have enough, make this easy delicious snack.
- Can use leftover paratha, tortilla.
- For a more creamier consistency, use more yogurt.
- Add water according to how thick or watery you want the vaghareli rotli to be.