Persimmon Salsa Fresca is a different flavored salsa that can be enjoyed with some tortilla chips or simply relish it as a refreshing salad.
- 2 large persimmon ripe
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large tomato
- ¼ cup fresh coriander/cilantro chopped
- 1 green chilli or jalapeño chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ - ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes optional
Chop the persimmon, onion and tomato. Add all to a mixing bowl.
Add the chopped chilli or jalapeño.
Add in all the remaining ingredients and mix the salsa well.
Serve along with your Mexican meal, enjoy it with some tortilla chips or on its own as a healthy salad.
- Make sure you use firm but ripe persimmon.
- Use firm tomato
- Adjust flavors according to your taste.