98. roasted potato and avocado salad
2 favourite combinations
Avocados are in abundance at the moment in Kenya so I am taking full advantage and making more and more salads with avocado. I don’t like avocado milkshake as I prefer to have it with salt and pepper. My two favourite together, avocado and potato. Lovely combination and a great salad for all those who are getting their jikos ready for BBQ. This is one salad where I have not prepared a separate dressing. As you go through the recipe you will understand why.
ROASTED POTATO AVOCADO SALAD
12 baby potatoes
1 medium avocado
½ cup cucumber chunks
3 tbsps olive oil
1¼ tsp salt
1 tsp coarse pepper powder
1 tsp dry rosemary
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp mustard paste
- Wash the potatoes well. Parboil them in salted water (about 2 tsps salt). Remove from the water. Cut into half if you like. Mix in the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and 1 tsp salt.
- Roast in the oven under the hot grill for 10 to 15 minutes or at 180°C till done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool a bit.
- In the meantime, cut the cucumber with the skin if its tender and put it in a bowl.
- Cut avocado into chunks. Mix in the ¼ tsp salt, mustard paste and lemon juice. Add it to the cucumber.
- Add the slightly cool potatoes. Mix and serve.
- When you grill or roast the potatoes, remember to stir them occasionally.Boil and roast the potatoes with the skin.
- Add dried cranberries and walnuts if you like.
You may want to check out the following:
|strawberry and avocado salad|
|avocado mushroom pasta salad
|mashed avocado and tomato bruschetta|
Sending this recipe for the following event: