81. banana watermelon smoothie
Watermelon and banana are poles apart in consistency but together make a great healthy drink. A very cooling treat on a hot day. I had some frozen banana in the freezer so instead of just plain watermelon juice I decided to make something different. Before you liquidize the watermelon, remove as many seeds as you can. Enjoy the lovely pinky red drink.
BANANA WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
2 cups semi frozen watermelon juice
¼ tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp sugar or honey if the watermelon is not sweet
- Put the frozen banana and watermelon juice in a blender and liquidize it.
- Add the sugar and ginger.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have semi frozen watermelon juice, just add crushed ice before liquidizing the banana and watermelon.
- can add fresh mint before liquidizing.