Crunchy Apple Salad
CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD WITH HONEY LEMON DRESSING
Crunchy Apple Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing is a delicious, crispy, tasty, healthy and nutritious salad. Enjoy it as a starter or as a light meal. This crunchy apple salad is a very easy to prepare and comes together in a jiffy. Use any variety of apples you like.
What Is A Salad?
Salad is a mixture of vegetables, fruits, sometimes meat, fish, cheese, grains, lentils, beans, etc which is usually cut into small pieces. Usually served as a starter, a side dish or as a light meal, salads are delicious, nutritious and healthy too. If like me you love fruity salads then this Crunchy Apple Salad is perfect for you.
Apples Are Good
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, so goes the saying. Do you know that this old English proverb does not refer specially to apples but indicates that eating nutritious food will keep you healthier. Doctors recommended eating any round fruit for better health.
- Soluble fibers found in apples is believed to reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases.
- Rich in fiber apples aid digestion and promote a healthy digestive system.
- Apples support a healthy immune system. Its rich in Vitamin C.
- Diabetics should include apples in their diet. The soluble fiber present in apples, help to slow down absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
- It is believed that antioxidants present in apples help to reduce risks of certain cancers.
- Aids weight loss. One medium apple has about 95 calories. The dietary fiber present in apples helps in slow digestion, giving you satiated for a longer period.
- Quercetin, a flavonoid found in apples, protects neurons from oxidative damage and contains other anti-Alzheimer’s disease properties, too.
Some Apple Recipes – how to include apple in your daily diet
- Delicious Baked Apples
- A warm or cold dessert – Apple Kheer
- Celery Greens and Apple Juice – healthy and delicious
- Eggless Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
- Apple Crumble Cheesecake – vanilla no baked cheesecake is topped with apple crumble.
- Breakfast treat – Apple Aebleskiver
- Scandinavian Apple Charlotte –enjoy it warm or hot
- Apple Crumble Parfait – easy to prepare dessert. Or serve it for breakfast with some yogurt instead of ice cream.
- Green Apple and Spring Onion Chutney – so delicious with fritters, chips or even ganthia.
- Baked tea time treat – Apple Squares
- Butternut Squash and Apple Salad – filling, healthy and nutritious
- Serve a pizza as a dessert – Apple Dessert Pizza
- No refined sugar used in these Apple and Date Muffins
- Beat the heat with Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
- Serve for breakfast – Apple Oat Muffins
- My favorite is Apple Crisp
- Red Apple Cucumber and Onion Salad – makes a perfect light meal
- A simple Salad – Apple Carrot Salad
- Perfect as a light meal – Apple Avocado Quinoa Salad
Ingredients Required For Crunchy Apple Salad and Homemade Honey Lemon Dressing:
Apples – any variety of your choice
Walnuts – roasted and cut into pieces. Roast the walnuts lightly in a wide pan over low heat.
Cheese – any variety of your choice. I’ve used cheddar.
Olives – cut into slices. Use any olives of your choice.
Lettuce Leaves – any of your choice. Can add baby spinach.
Mint Leaves – fresh. Can replace them with basil leaves.
Lemon Juice – preferably freshly squeezed.
Salt – according to your taste. I’ve used Pink Himalayan Salt.
Pepper – coarse powder.
Honey – use a good quality honey.
Olive oil – or walnut oil.
- Gluten Free
CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD WITH HONEY LEMON DRESSING
FOR CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD:
- 2 apples cored and chopped
- Few lettuce leaves any variety
- 100 g cheddar cheese about 1/2 cup
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 olives black or green, sliced
- 12 walnuts lightly roasted and cut into big pieces
FOR HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt or according to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper or chilli powder
PREPARATION OF HOENY LEMON DRESSING:
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together with a small whisk or fork.
PREPARATION OF CRUNCHY APPLE SALAD:
- Put all the ingredients for the salad in a serving bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it and serve.
- If the salad leaves have wilted a bit, soak it in ice cold water for for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove from the water and pat dry the leaves with a tea towel.
- Mix 2 varieties of apples.
- Use any cheese variety of your choice. Can omit cheese altogether.
- If you are serving the salad later, pour the dressing over it just before serving. However, remember to mix a bit of lemon juice with the apples so that they do not turn brown.
Pin For Later:
A little request:
If you do try this recipe then please either
- add a comment below,
- send a picture to my email email@example.com
- tag me as #mayuri_jikoni on Instagram
- or tag me on Twitter as #Mayuri1962